What is a Prickly Fig?
The prickly fig is the fruit of a cactus range whose Latin name is Opuntia Ficusindica. It is a flat, tongue-shaped as well as thorny, 5-10 centimeters in dimension, orange, red and yellow shelled succulent fruit coming from the Atlas floriaceae family members. There are lots of seeds in the fruit.
The fruit, which has a different scent as a blend of citrus, banana, fig, watermelon as well as strawberry flavors, is high in fructose. As the fruit canister be taken in on its own, it can additionally be intoxicated with pleasure by removing its juice.
The irritable fig tree seedling, which can reach up to five meters in height, can be in the form of a shrub or a tree. The stems of the plant are succulent and also have the capability to adapt to the desert environment. The flowers of the plant are large and snazzy, varying from light yellow to orange.
The plant, which usually flowers from March to June, starts to thrive after June. Irritable fig seeds are the kernels of the fruit. The fruits, which have an environment-friendly color initially, mature within 110-120 days and also reach a weight in between 50 and 200 grams.
Where Does Prickly Fig Grow?
The prickly fig, which originates from Mexico, has a history of 9000 years. There are approximately 258 varieties of prickly figs in the world. The largest prickly fig producer in Europe is Italy. In Italy, especially in Sicily, 80 thousand tons of prickly figs are produced annually. It follows Italy in Chile, Israel, South Africa, Mexico, and the Americas.
What is the Calorie and Nutritional Value of Prickly Figs?
In the past, irritable figs were chosen on cruise ships because of their high vitamin C content as well as simple storage. By shielding sailors from scurvy, it enabled the continuation of lasting transatlantic expedition.
100 grams of irritable figs contain 9.57 grams of carbs, 0.73 grams of healthy protein, 87 grams of water, 0.5 grams of fat, 3.6 milligrams of fiber, 56 milligrams of calcium, 85 milligrams of magnesium, 220 milligrams of potassium. It also contains iron, zinc, salt, phosphorus, selenium, copper minerals and also thiamine, riboflovin, niacin, B6, folic acid, beta carotene and vitamin A. Furthermore, irritable figs are abundant in mono as well as polyunsaturated fatty acids.
So, the amount of calories in 1 prickly fig? 1 irritable fig, which has a typical weight of 100-120 grams, is in between 40 as well as 60 calories. 3 prickly figs are equal in calories to 2 servings of fruit. The fruit, which satisfies 20% of the day-to-day fiber need, is likewise abundant in substances with high antioxidant homes.
What Are the Benefits of Prickly Figs?
- The fruit, which has high vitamin C content, strengthens the immune system as well as increases body resistance versus illness. It likewise shortens the recovery procedure in instance of getting sick.
- Irritable fig, which supplies vigor as well as vigor with its high minerals and vitamin web content, supports you to get away from depression and also tension with its positive power.
- Many thanks to its high fiber material, it controls the performance of the intestinal tracts and gets rid of issues such as irregular bowel movements. It likewise prevents pain such as indigestion as well as bloating that happen after dishes.
- Because of its high potassium content, it has a safety effect against heart diseases. It assists balance cholesterol.
- Irritable figs are suggested for individuals with diabetes because of their high fiber material. Since it leaves the belly gradually, it has a regulating effect on blood sugar level.
- Managing the dull appearance of the skin when taken in regularly is among the advantages of prickly figs. When you routinely eat prickly figs in particular amounts for a very long time, you will certainly observe that your skin shines brilliantly and your wrinkles are minimized.
- Irritable figs are vital for diet plan lists due to their low calorie as well as gut-enhancing effect. As a result of its high fiber material, it offers a feeling of satiety for a long period of time.
- There is no known harm in eating prickly figs while pregnant. Nonetheless, some people may be allergic to irritable figs. Considering that pregnancy is an unique circumstance, it works to seek advice from a physician before consuming prickly figs.
- Although it is a beneficial fruit, irritable fig injuries can be seen in too much intake. Inability to digest seeds, particularly, can bring about major belly as well as intestinal tract problems.
What are the Benefits of Prickly Fig Leaf?
The leaves of the prickly fig have a rough appearance as well as a cylindrical structure. There are harpoons or thin spines on the irritable fig leaf, which is brief. Food is made from the fresh leaves of the plant. The fallen leaves are especially therapeutic for those struggling with bowel irregularity because of their high fiber web content. When the fallen leaves of the prickly fig are boiled, a gel-like structure arises. This framework is made use of as a skin care product. The most essential function of the plant fallen leave is its high wetness content as well as its ability to store wetness for a long time.
When the gel structure is applied to the skin by hand by boiling, it also supports the skin to stay moist for a long time and guarantees the elimination of creases. Utilizing the mixture acquired from irritable fig leaves for a long time as well as regularly causes quality, a lively and also smooth appearance on the skin. At the exact same time, prickly fig leaves make hair expand healthy and look vibrant.
The leaves of the plant are cleaned up from their thorns as well as smashed, and when the crushed plant is placed on the broken or hurting rheumatic area, it lowers discomfort and suffering. Prickly fig leaves can also be dried and made use of as animal feed.
How to Peel a Prickly Fig? How to Eat?
The prickly fig, which has a thick and tough shell, is very first split right into two in the middle and removed by realizing the sides. You can additionally peel it off by wearing handwear covers because of its thorns. You can keep the prickly fig in the refrigerator for a fresh as well as revitalizing meal. If you do not intend to consume prickly figs, you can additionally eat them by squeezing the juice.
Prickly Fig Damages; Consuming more than 5 pieces (150 g) a day can harm the stomach and body. Apart from this, no known damage was detected.